Thursday, January 7, 2016

I am not the only cook in the house!

Last night I was planning to make a simple meal for the family but Ashley said she wanted to make some eggplant.  For no good reason, I rarely cook with eggplant but I do enjoy it.  Ashley is also a very good cook but does not make many home cooked meals anymore so I jumped at the chance to take the night off in the kitchen and let her create!

The results were outstanding!  She made some of the best breaded (gluten-free) eggplant I have ever had.  It was incredible.  It was breaded with corn chips and spices then deep fried and topped with a homemade tomato sauce.  We had some broccoli and pasta salad on the side as well.


I hope she makes this dish again.  I went for seconds but did not take too much because I wanted the girls to be able to have it for their lunches today.  I would have loved to have another plate full!

No comments: