Thursday, February 19, 2015

Kaleigh's Challenge!

Kaleigh likes to challenge me to replicate nasty, sketchy foods that most kids eat regularly.  Often, I say sure and never get around to it.  However, for several weeks she has wanted me to make a hamburger helper dish for her.  Since she would not let up, I caved.

As a kid, I never really liked these types of meals.  I did not eat a lot of cheese and we just did not buy these types of things.  Not that we ate healthier, just not these types of things.  I was out of my element a bit but after some due diligence on the internet, I gave it a whirl.

I do not have much to compare it to but both Kaleigh and Ashley said it was pretty spot on in flavor and texture.  I thought it was a little to cheezy but still an interesting and extremely quick meal.


vegan hamburger helper

After some weeks of prodding, I convinced Kaleigh to go outside and play in the snow.  She worked for several hours to build a snow fort for herself.  She did a great job and it really showed her that the snow can be fun.  I think up until recently, she had been a little intimidated by it, being from Georgia and all.


No comments: