Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Baking requires following directions...

My skills baking have been slow to improve over the years.  I have never been one that has followed directions well and that makes baking more difficult.  When I cook, I cook to taste and it is much more difficult to do that when baking.  I hope to have the ability to improve dramatically over the next few months.

Over my BBQ weekend I decided to try may hand at some cupcakes.  The flavor is spot on and great but the aesthetic is off.  I feel like baked goods can not look rustic.  It just looks sloppy.  These were certainly rustic cupcakes.


I threw in some little jimmies and sprinkles for the "birthday cake" effect into both the cake and the icing.  It was a cool effect and Kaleigh was happy that there was some fun color.  They need some work but at least they flavor was great and they made excellent bedtime snacks!

No comments: