Monday, November 25, 2013

Red Rice and an upcoming Holiday

I have been working at the jobby job for 10 years now.  For the entire 10 years, I have worked a double shift on Thanksgiving.  The time and a half was nice but I also did not have much reason to take the day off.  I did not have any family near me and not much to do besides work.  This year, Ashley and Kaleigh are with me.  While I did not ask for the day off, I was scheduled off anyway.  I will have a family day on Thanksgiving, for the first time in 10 years.  I am looking forward it!

I will have a lot of cooking to do for dishes we will bring to the Holiday table but before that, we have been eating some other great dishes.  This week we had red rice with veggies and topped with bananas.  It is always a favorite of mine.


No comments: