Thursday, December 27, 2012

Holiday gifts and meal

Shamefully, it has been a week since I last posted.  I try to avoid long periods of time without a post since the readership seems to slip off if I do not post regularly.  I guess that is one of the tribulations with working so much and trying to keep up with both cooking and blogging.


I have been trying to make myself enough fun and even slightly festive food for the long ours at the jobby job.  I found a new holiday roast that I had not tried before so I grabbed it.  It turned out pretty well.  I also made some nice cranberry sauce to go with it.  It was a nice holiday meal and transported to work well.


Ashley and Kaleigh both got me gifts this year.  Kaleigh made my a great soap!  It smells awesome and was incredibly sweet.  Sometimes that kid just makes my day.


Ashley made me a tofu press.  Several months ago I mentioned that I thought they were really expensive but having one would be really nice.  Apparently, she remembered and made one for me!  Impressed and grateful, I can not wait to use it.


As much as I do not celebrate the holidays, this was actually a fun evening to spend with the girls.  To top it all off, my mum even sent me some fresh picked Florida oranges and Priscilla sent me some local Maine dried beans.  It was a good time!

3 comments:

Jes said...

Wow, that homemade tofu press is awesome! You should have Ashley do a guest post on how to make one--I know I'd love to.

nathanielK said...

awesome post! ashley and kaleigh rule (so do you). you'll have one more gift (at least) from us when we next see you....

also shamful is my new favorite wordddddd

Millie said...

There is nothing better than some homemade gifts...fabulous. Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com