Friday, February 17, 2012

A gift of bedtime snacks!

With all the time I have been spending at work it has been hard to get good bedtime snacks.  I have been eating to much store bought stuff.  My good friend Patricia regularly calls me to ask if I would eat this or that.  She is not vegan but tried hard to accommodate in her joy of cooking.  Rarely does she bring me what she asks about so when she asked about cookies I did not get my hopes up.  That made her gift extra special!  She used the PPK recipe for chocolate chip cookies and brought me the dough!


It was a bedtime snack in a bucket!  Perfect!  The following day I baked them up and it was a great homemade bedtime snack.  It really it the spot.  Patricia is a champ.


The other morning I awoke with dried blood crusted on my lower lip.  Concerned, I was checking my pillow and bed to see what may have cause the bloody lip.  I thought I may have bit my lip in the night but there was quite a bit of blood so I thought I would have woken up if that had happened.  Upon further inspection, I realized it was just chocolate.  I like my bedtime snacks.

5 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

What an awesome gift! Raw cookie dough is SO GOOD and I love that you don't have to worry about it when it is vegan. The baked ones look delicious and that is too funny about the chocolate!

laura said...

hey, it was good seeing you, however briefly, at Soul V.!

luminousvegans said...

I couldn't trust myself with that bucket of goodness. Looks good.

Millie said...

that's a great gift, I especially like those chocolate chip cookies.

Matt said...

That is hilarious, about the "blood" caused by chocolate chips.

What a great gift - and you can just eat the dough, or cook it up yourself!