Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Smokey Artichoke Pasta

With the few hours I had before heading to the jobby job on Saturday, I decided to make something that I could have for my lunches over the weekend.  I wanted something a little new that I had not been eating all the time.  I thought back to a recent post when I made a paprika pasta dish that was very good but I wanted to make a few changes prior to sharing it with the blog world.

I headed to the kitchen to get to work.  It came out very well.  I brought it to the jobby job where I offered it to a co-worker to try.  I turned my back to take care of another issue and the whole dish was gone!  Eat loved it, and ate it all.  I was not upset (I had already eaten enough for myself for the day), it was nice to have someone tear into it like that.

When I got home, I wrote out the recipe and was going to post it here when I realized that I had forgotten to take a photograph.  Then of course, it was gone!  I set out to make it again for my long day on Tuesday, mostly to have a picture.


Smokey Artichoke Pasta

3 cloves of garlic
8 oz of pasta (bow-tie preferred)
3 cups of water
1 cup of artichoke hearts (cubed)
2/3 cup of green peas
1/3 cup of red onion (sliced)
2 tablespoons of vegan sour cream
1 tablespoon of oil
1 tablespoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of salt

 In a pot, boil the three cups of water with the bow-tie pasta until tender.  About 25 minutes.

In a saute pan, heat the oil on low-med heat and add the garlic, onion and salt.  Cook the onions until tender.  Add the artichoke hearts, pasta, vegan sour cream and mix gently.  Add the pepper, paprika, and peas and mix gently.  When the sour cream is melted, remove from heat and let cool.

6 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

That is a really beautiful dish that I'm sure tasted as good as it looks! I've seen a lot of artichokes on blogs lately, it's making me want to pick some up!

Shanna Sandmoen said...

This sounds wonderful! I'm definitely going to try this out :)

Jes said...

A sauce made of paprika & sour cream sounds awesomely creamy! Love the artichokes!

Southern Purple Veggie said...

Looks wonderful and sounds wonderful. I am going to have to make this soon.

Rose said...

oooo, smokey + artichoke I love the sound of that! Inspired combo!

Anonymous said...

i am going to assume 25 minutes for the pasta is a typo... unless you're counting the time it takes the water to boil, too? Even then it seems a bit long.

Ame