Monday, October 3, 2011

Ginger Soy Dressing

As the summer spins away, my desire for leafy salads dwindles also.  Actually, most of the time I have to force myself to eat salads.  Once they are in front of my, I really enjoy them and I generally feel good after eating them.  I just am constantly reluctant to assemble them.

Friday, I made a salad, simply to pound in the veggies I have been missing with a hectic pre-vacation work schedule.  It was topped with a quick and simple ginger soy dressing.


Ginger Soy Dressing

2 cloves of garlic
1 inch chunk of fresh ginger
1/2 cup of water
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of oil

In a blender, puree all ingredients until smooth.  There may be a layer of "foam" that forms on the top.  Simply remove it with a spoon and discard.  Chill the dressing for 30 minutes prior to serving.

7 comments:

Rose said...

Yum! I love that it's low-fat too. I'm going to make some tonight!

Zoa said...

Try it with some cold rice noodles for more mm-mm-mm-iness (and to make it a complete meal so you don't feel like you're wasting all that chopping time just for a side dish ;-).

xvavaveganx said...

Sounds like a nice simple dressing! WOuld probably be a great marinade too!

Elisabeth said...

This would be a great stir-fry sauce too :-)

Jes said...

I used to never be very much into salads, but something changed a couple of years ago. Now I even crave them!

Your dressing looks great--I love the zing of ginger you gave it.

Alessandra said...

I like soy and ginger, sounds good :-)

adriennefriend said...

lovely simple dressing! I'm with Elisabeth - sounds like a good stir-fry sauce.