Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mainely Vacation: Day Three - The Wedding

Day Three was Jonny's wedding day.  I was taking my mum as my date.  Jonny and I have been really close since 1992 and he had a lot of face time with my mum as we grew up.  My mum was excited to go and even more interested in seeing us in a tuxedos.



Prior to the afternoon wedding, my mum and I went to the Cumberland Craft Fair.  We shopped for a bit and chatted in the warm afternoon.  Then it was off to get read for the wedding.  I was the only groomsman who knew how to tie a tie, so I had to help everyone.  Then it was off to the church, which was strange on its own.


The wedding was long and hot but the pictures were brief.  It was back to the reception and we had some food, a few more pictures, and I danced with my mum and some boy named Michael who I spent the prior day cooking with.

Then it was back to my mum's house for an early night.  The food was great and the decor for the entire wedding was very vintage and unique.





2 comments:

Carissa said...

Looks and sounds like you had a fun time! I love that the menu at the wedding had some vegan options for you :) Normally the only thing I get to eat at weddings is fruit.

Shaheen said...

Congratulations to the married couple. You look rather dashing in your outfit. I agree with Carissa too, that it was good that there was more choice for you on the menu.