Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mainely Vacation: Day Four - Pictures, Prscilla and Dinner

Day Four had an early start.  I had told Cait that we could take a walk into the local Vaughn's Woods.  This is a serene place that runs through the towns of Farmingdale and Hallowell.  Cait and I took her kids, Tayshaun and Jazaiah and went for a great morning walk.


After our walk in the woods, Cait went home for the kids nap time before a dinner at my mum's.  I headed over to visit my unofficial grandmother, Priscilla.  Each time I get to Maine, I always prioritize see her.  She is a wonderful woman and we always have an amazing time.  It is always one of the highlights of my trip.


Later that afternoon, I met my brother, Ben, at my mum's house and we headed to the store.  We were dinner shopping.  For the entire family.  Ben and I got all sorts of foods.  Dinner was great.  I made a spinach smoothie with Tayshaun and Cait.  We also made portabello mushrooms burgers on the grill, grilled pineapple, grilled mango, grilled zucchini, baked potato, corn on the cob, and Ben made and excellent salad.  We had a great time.





Ben and I headed out to a local pub to see my friend Adam.  Adam and I hung out until late and it was the end to a good day.



3 comments:

T said...

Great pics! Ahhh summer.

Rose said...

I'm enjoying your vacation posts. Sounds like you had a really nice time with friends and family and lots of beautiful nature and scenery too.

Your dinner on the grill has it all! Yum. I'll have to try some grilled mango, sounds great!

Millie said...

I'm enjoying all your trips...they are such fun...especially with the little ones. I imagine they are having lots of fun.