Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lasagna!

I can not believe that I forgot to post the big event from last Friday's day off.  Ashley taught me how to make lasagna!

As a kid, I was never a fan of cheese.  On the rare occasion that my mother would make a lasagna, I would refuse to eat any.  In fact, I do not think I ever even gave it a chance.  I avoided it like canned vegan meats.

A few weeks ago, Ashley made me a lasagna to have for work.  It was a great and perfect for my lunches.  It got me thinking about making my own but I requested her help.  I had never assembled one and she seemed to have it down.

We made a huge one and I ate it for the whole week at work.  It had a special layer of portobello mushroom, fried with fresh thyme, oregano, and basil and pureed.  It was a great added flavor that threw the whole meal over the top.

The "cheese" layers were packed with all kinds of fresh vegetables.  It turned out great and satisfied the carb needs of being at work while providing some solid nutritional value from all the fresh veggies.  This will certainly be on the menu for future lunches and might even get a recipe feature.

the veggies


the "cheese" sauce
the mushrooms herb sauce


the final product


6 comments:

Jes said...

Beautiful lasagna! I've always preferred vegan to the cheesey kind, could definitely go for a slice of yours!

Catherine Weber said...

pretty! Mine never slices into gorgeous layers like that.

Alessandra said...

Well done, and you put more that three layers, which seem to be what most foreigners do!

Millie said...

wow that's fantastic.

Anonymous said...

..and i can't believe you didn't post the recipe. pretty please!?

Guinnah said...

that looks great! I love the variety of the layers :-)