Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday!

Just another Monday.  That may be disappointing for many but for me it is a relaxing feeling. I will soon enough have a couple days off from the jobby job to get some Real Estate work done and relax.  It has been a much easier weekend than I had anticipated due to my slight schedule shift.  I feel more awake and have much more energy.

Over the weekend I made a few dishes to eat at home and take to work.  I made a great salad with a homemade strawberry vinaigrette dressing.  It was light enough to remind me of warm summer days in the heart of winter.




I also made a fried rice dish that has been a staple for years.  I was able to make enough for me to take a few services to work for my 16 hour day yesterday.  It was nice to have.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

yum fried rice! I haven't made that in ages . . . !

Carissa said...

Oh I love fried rice. Sorry you had to work a 16 hr day that's no fun:( I hope you like your job!

Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day said...

That rice looks amazing!

So, what do you do for work that takes up so much time? You work crazy hours!

I've had periods of time where I worked like that and I have finally burnt out from it!

Elisabeth said...

I love homemade fried rice with tofu :-) What do you put in yours? Enjoy your time off!

dirtyduck said...

16 hour day? jeez! when i first went vegan i missed fried rice! yours looks really good. and thats an excellent idea, strawberries in a dressing.

Jes said...

Your strawberry vinaigrette reminds me of one I had in Canada this summer--love!

Michelle said...

That fried rice looks delish!