Friday, September 10, 2010

Day One; donuts, reds, and veggies.

Day One.

From here in Atlanta, I grabbed an early flight to Las Vegas so that i could make sleeping and transportation arrangements before my mum and younger brother (Ben) arrived on their flight from Maine.  My brother had spend a weekend in Las Vegas awhile ago but otherwise, neither had spent any time out west.  Ben did live here in Atlanta with me for about a year, several years ago.

Obviously, as soon as I got the car straightened out for our week long vacation, I immediately set out for Ronald's Donuts, as any respectable vegan would.  I had not eaten anything at this point so I made sure to set at least a dozen donuts.




My next stop, after gobbling up several donuts in the car, was Red Canyon Conservation Area to do some hiking.  Red Rock was amazing.  The color patterns on the rocks were some of the best on the trip.  I took a several hour hike into the canyon which toward the end became a bouldering adventure.  I climbed until I reached the end where there was a dried waterfall that only runs when it flash floods.  Lucky for me, the day was clear and I was safe.  However, I did start to feel sick.  I had water but the 5 donuts I ate began to burn off quickly in the 100 degree heat and I got light-headed as I returned to the car.  Either way, it was a great afternoon in the mountains of Nevada.



I treated myself to a nice dinner at Veggie Delight before checking into the resort for the night.  The dinner was decent.  For an appetizer, I got Tofu Nuggets.  They were fairly spongy and I could have passed on them.  For an entree I ordered Basil Leaf Chicken.  It was much better but was a little to heavy on the mixed greens.



Then it was off to the hotel to relax before picking up the family at the airport.  We got back to the room and went right to sleep.  It was a long day for all of us and we had a busy week ahead.

7 comments:

Rose said...

Man, those donuts look good, and I don't even like donuts.

Sarah S. said...

Funny, I went to Vegas in May and I had a day just like this Ronald's and Veggie Delight! I also had the custard filled donut, yum!

Rachana said...

Those donuts look so delicious! Yummm!!!

http://frugaliciouschick.blogspot.com said...

nice to see you back. I had missed you and I figured you were away...about those donuts...would those donuts have eggs and dairy products in them or were they vegan donuts? I don't eat out anymore because everything now a days has dairy and unless its a salad, I refuse to eat something I do not know what's in it. But I hope you enjoyed them and since I do not eat any sugar i would of passed on the donuts. Bread would of done me in...that I cannot refuse. LOL....LOL...LOL.

Jes said...

Yaaaay for awesome vegan donuts! I want to go to Las Vegas just for those! I hope it's awesome out there with your family!

amymylove said...

Hell yezzzz to some vegan donuts Ronald's is awesome! Vegas has some good vegan eats... Please try Komol it is right off the strip and freakin amazing!

Jennifer said...

There are vegan donuts in Las Vegas?!? My honeymoon would have been even more amazing if I'd known that.