Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Failed Gazpacho and Blackberry Ice Cream

I tried to make a Gazpacho. I failed and it became and unorthodox dip that tasted similar to salsa. It was still tasty, in fact, I suspected it may not come out right and picked up some chip just in case! The Gazpacho was going to be the main part of my dinner with Jamie and as the failure began, it became a side dish and the summer chili came into the forefront. I think it worked out better that way regardless.


To be honest, the dish that stole the show was dessert. It was the beginning of dusk when I ate it so I did not cheat on my "no sweet bedtime snacks before my vacation" challenge. Jamie encouraged me to post the recipe even for those of you that may not have ice cream makers.


Blackberry Ice Cream

13.5 oz of coconut milk
2 3/4 cups of blackberries
2/3 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla powder

Use the coconut milk that has the highest fat content. The fat makes the dessert creamier. Blend all ingredients in a blender until the blackberries are liquefied. Pour into an ice cream maker and follow the machines directions.


If you do not have an ice cream maker, you can simple make this into a sorbet type dish by simply freezing the liquid.

7 comments:

Millie said...

That ice cream looks slamin'...like us New Yorkers say....its great.

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com

Guinnah said...

wow...I don't have an ice cream maker but I do have all those ingredients in the house. That looks great!

Rose said...

The gazpacho sounds like it was good just the same...and that ice cream looks so good...what a fantastic color. I love anything with blackberries in it.

Leigh said...

Ooh, I bet that ice cream is amazing with a coconut milk base. Yum.

dirtyduck said...

there is NO WAY that icecream is vegan!!!great job! seriously...where do you live?jk:) i was reading your latest post about gazpacho and i sort of did the same thing last night, i was trying to recreate a black bean soup i saw at the store...how hard can that be? well after i added spinach it was a mess that i didnt even want my husband to see.

Amanda said...

This ice cream is so yummy. I made it with strawberries because I didn't have any blackberries and I was too impatient to wait.

Unknown said...

Can this ice cream be made with soy or almond milk. And can it be sugar free or less sugar.