Thursday, June 10, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

I got to see some great lofts today. It is really amazing to enjoy a day working. It has been a long time since I had a good work day. Maybe all the way back to working on the Homeless Shelter in Maine. I really hope that I can continue my good fortune and steady client steam so that I can focus on Real Estate full time.

With that said, I have been extremely busy for the last couple weeks. I have hit overtime weekly at the jobby job for nearly 2 months straight. Adding in the Real Estate efforts and the responsabilites of a new home owner, it has been draining. That is not always such a bad thing though. It is going to be a great summer. Not to mention that at the end of the summer, it seems like my bother and my mum are taking a trip out west!

It seems like I barely have time to cook anymore. Ashley made me some great food the other day and it gave me some inspiration, not I just need the time.


Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes

2 sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
2 cups of water
1 tablespoon of vegan margarine
1 tablespoon of onion (chopped)
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of brown sugar

In a pot, bring the water to a boil and add the sweet potato. Boil for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender but not mushy. Strain and set aside.

In a saute pan, heat the margarine on low heat until fully melted. Add the onion and cook until the onion is translucent. Once the onion is cooked, add the sweet potato and increase the heat to med. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add the sugar and cinnamon and stir well. Once the sugar caramelizes (about 5-8 minutes), serve.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I never comment on your blog, but I do really enjoy looking at your recipes. When I'm ready to buy a house/townhouse/etc. you'll be the first one I call!

Rose said...

Wow, those cinnamon sweet potatoes sound great! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

It's great that you're having success with your job of preference. Hope you continue to have a smooth transition from your "jobby job" to your dream job!

two vegan boys said...

The Celtics won last night. Yippee!

And the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. Super duper yippee! :)

As always, your food looks awesome. If we lived closer, I would invite myself over for dinner. Hee hee.

Have a great weekend.

Arthur's latest quote. He was watching a show about dogs and he said to me, "I don't have a tail like he does, but I have a butt."

dreaminitvegan said...

This looks like a tasty autumn dish.

jess_fildespages said...

These sweet potatoes look amazing. I've never tried making any myself, but I don't think I can resist this recipe! It's absolutely on my to-do list.

Great blog!