Friday, May 28, 2010

Roasted Beets and Sweet Potato

I pay the price for my three days a week off. I just walked in the door after a 16.5 hour day. I do not get another day off until Sunday. It all works out in the end I guess, a little overtime never hurts either.

I wanted to give out a simple recipe for that Ashley and I had as part of dinner last night. Although it was more of a fall dish, sometime you just want to have your roasted veggies! This really hit the spot and was surprisingly light.


Roasted Beets and Sweet Potato

2 med sized beets (peeled & cubed)
1 large sweet potato (peeled & cubed)
2 cups of broccoli florets
2 tablespoons of oil
1/2 tablespoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon of sugar

Pre-heat the oven to 425. In a baking pan, pour the oil, salt, crushed pepper, hot sauce, paprika, sugar, and oregano and mix well. Add the cubed beets, and mix well. Let sit for about 5 minutes to allow the beets to bleed out a bit. Then add the cubed sweet potatoes and mix until all cubes are coated in the oil and spices. Allow to bake for 40 minutes stirring once. Then remove from the oven and add the broccoli florets and bake for another 18 minutes.



Did I mention that Ashley made me some great Chocolate Chip Cookies? Anyone who attended Jamie's Art Show may recall some outstanding cookies. Well, Ashley made them. She is like my little Keebler elf, she always brings me cookies!

4 comments:

Millie said...

YUM!!! that looks fabulous! Nice job as always!

Also you haven't claimed your Sunshine award on my blog.

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com

two vegan boys said...

Yum! Your food always looks to good.

Rachana said...

I wouldn't mind having that for my dinner :-) and I love Cookies :-)

Jes said...

Oh man, what a long day. Hope the others are shorter! The roasted beets & sweet potatoes look great!