Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The anticipation...

Starting right now, I have the next two days off. My plans have been a revolving door as things get organized, moved and then reworked. To my surprise, I have stayed flexable and it looks like I will get a hike in on Tuesday and a nice dinner (and maybe some cookies) on Wednesday. I will also try to squeeze in mowing the lawn.

Good news, I think I have a great prospect for another house buyer! I am very excited to get back to showing houses. The idea that I might be able to work for myself is extremely appealing.

I am hoping for a great two days off, before what is shaping up to be a busy weekend at the jobby job.

My lunch today was a burrito, nothing special but I thought I would share. I was actually looking forward to it until I split my avocado open to find it rotten. Disappointment. Instead I went with some black beans, TVP, orange peppers, garlic, onions, vegan sour cream and a touch of bar b que sauce. It hit the spot as a pre-work 1-player food but was not nearly as enjoyable without the guacamole. I do really like the plate though!

5 comments:

kmouse said...

Looks good! I like the plate too.

Millie said...

YUMMY!!!!

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

haha i can totally relate to the rotten avocado! had been looking foward to eating it all day and when i split it open... :/ ohh well, lunch was still awesome; lentil spinach wrap, yummm!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your days off--what a treat! I hope they are going well :-)

And congrats on the prospective house sale!

Courtney

jessy said...

sadface on the avocado, but i'm glad your burrito hit the spot even without it. i hope you're enjoying the days off and very awesome news on another prospect for another home buyer. w00t!

the secret to the soy curls - i just rehydrated them for only 7-8 minutes (instead of 10) and kept them in the strainer after straining off the broth; i pressed down on the curls with the bottom of a coffee mug to get out as much broth as possible then made my bbq sauce & added in the curls to simmer in it for just 10 minutes. it worked great and they remained un-mushy. yay!