Friday, March 12, 2010

Flattery is an great feeling

I know that people make my recipes. I post them, occasionally I get an email or comments telling me what people thought about the creation. Generally the feedback is very positive. There are also a number of people that I have cooked for in recent years that have all told me their thoughts. Still, nothing can quite compare to what might seem like a small event.

Earlier this week, Ashley brought me a canister. I opened it to find 5 familiar looking goodies. Seitan Steaks! She used my recipe and put together the seitan steaks to perfection. She cooked them for her family and friends. She even made a few extras for me to try. It was a fun experience to try my own food for the first time. I was flattered beyond belief that someone would go through all the trouble of making something I created and then bringing it to me to share. It really made many of my recent woes non-existent for a few hours.

I added some Rosemary Fries and Roasted Brussel Sprouts and it was fantastic. With the leftover steaks, I am going to use them in some new recipes. I am excited that someone else did the hard work for me!

3 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

They look awesome! Lucky you being made your own recipe.
:)

The Voracious Vegan said...

Ha ha ha! That is so awesome! It must have been great to taste your own recipe, just made by someone else. They sound delicious!

Mihl said...

Wow, that's really wonderful!