Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Beet Chips

This is a very nice addition to the meal I made the other night. I almost took it in a totally different direction and went raw but decided it would have been to contrasting to the rest of the meal. This came out really well and was incredibly simple. I love the grain of the beets and it really comes though with these chips.


Beet Chips

1 large beet
1 tablespoon of oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper

Pre-heat the oven to 425. Peel the beet and slice length-wise into thin slices. On a non-stick baking sheet, spread the oil, salt and pepper evenly around. Take the beet slices, individually, and lay them all on the baking sheet. Before putting them into the oven, flip them over so that both the top and bottom on the slices have some of the oil mixture. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The beets should be dark in color and beginning to wilt.



Today is my birthday Eve!

3 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Scrumptious! I will have to bust out the trusty mandolin and make some for myself. Happy early beeeday!

Jes said...

Love the color! I've never thought of making chips out of beets. Happy early birthday!

Rachana said...

Happy early Birthday! Beet chips looks really good!!!