Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tofu Chickin, Mashed Potatoes, and Ranch Dressing

Jamie returned from Dragoncon on Monday night but I was working. I made her a "welcome home" meal Tue night. We had breaded tofu, mashed potatoes, salad, and I tried my hand at ranch dressing. The dressing was a little sweet so I will work on it a bit more until I get the recipe down.

Also, as an update, I think I have the recipe down for my chickpea chicken salad. I will post it soon.

Creamy Mashed Potatoes

4 small red potatoes
3 cups of water
1/3 cup of soymilk
1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons of vegan margarine
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of dill weed
1 teaspoon of paprika

Boil the potatoes until soften. Drain water off and put potatoes back into sauce pan. Add the margarine and mash with either a fork or masher. Once the margarine has melted, add the nutritional yeast and soymilk. Mash and mix until the potatoes are creamy and soft. Add the rest of the spices and mix well. Serve hot.

Tonight it is 3 hours worth of top chef!

If anyone has an interest, I may post the recipe for the tofu soon. Let me know.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yum! Yes please on the tofu recipe. Looks delciious.

Hannah said...

I've been feeling under the weather lately, and nothing sounds better to me right now than a big bowl of homestyle mashed potatoes- Comfort food at its best, for sure!

Tara said...

Oh my goodness, that looks so perfect. Tofu recipe! The public demands it!

sweetie said...

hey there! do you think i could use unsweetened vanilla soy milk in this? would the vanilla overpower and ruin the dish? thanks so much.

Vic Robinson said...

You could try it but i think the vanilla might add a strange flavor. Go ahead and try, let me know!