Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mongolian Sweet Sauce, soy curls, house and dragon fruit

It has been a long week and I am very exhausted. Friday was my last day of class time for my real estate license. We had a pre-test that I passed and I take the actual class test on Tuesday. Wish me luck!

The house has the electric on, drywall up, and the HVAC complete. I hope it is done soon but we may have hit a snag with some moisture in the home. The contractor and I are headed there on Monday to see what we can do about the issue. Fingers crossed.

Today I made some Mongolian Soy Curls and Veggies. It came out pretty well. I have only used soy curls once before so I am still learning. The Mongolian sauce came out very well.

Mongolian Sweet Sauce

4 cloves of garlic
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of water
2 tablespoons of fresh ginger
2 teaspoons of sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon of chili paste

In a sauce pan, heat the oil - do not let it get to hot. Add the ginger (minced), garlic (chopped), and soy sauce. let the liquid begin to heat up and add the brown sugar and chili paste. Bring to a simmer for about 3 minutes (until the sugar has fully dissolved).


Several days ago, we got some dragon fruit from the Asian market. These were so colorful that we had to take some pictures. We even made a dragon fruit juice! Yum!

4 comments:

miss v said...

ooo, dragon fruit!? never had it... but i dig the colour.

and thanks for the tip about bacon bits.. sounds yummy. good luck with the house!

Jes said...

Loving the dragon fruit juice! And that sauce sounds super tasty. I'm going to have to try it soon!

kmouse said...

the sauce recipe sounds good! And that dragon fruit, wow!

jessy said...

oh my gosh - we haven't had soy curls in forever! next time i'm at the natural market i'm gonna have to grab a bag and make some up to enjoy with your mongolian sweet sauce! mmmmmmmmmm!

good luck on your test tuesday! :)