Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gardening vs Trees, and some food.

Although today was a day off, I had to get up early to meet a government inspector and my contractor at the house. I spend a little time walking around the property after they had both left. Excited about a garden, I was looking for a good area to start planting. Sadly, there are a ton of tree in the back yard, blocking most of my light as well as rooting through the yard. Do not get me wrong, the trees are great, I really like feeling like I live in the woods.

The dilemma is: how can I cut down wild natural trees to forcibly grow domesticated plants for food?

It is something that much thought needs to be put into.

The last few days, we have been over worked and well fed. Sunday Jamie and I made chili. Eventually I will post a recipe but not today. For now, you just get the picture.


That night we were settling in to watch a movie, Life After People. It was very interesting but demanded some of my famous popcorn!


Monday night, before basketball, I made some Blackberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, Dill Potatoes, and Chickin Tofu.

I promise I will get more recipes out here as soon as I bother to write them out. I am a wing-it kind of cook so I just eyeball everything and never have any recipes to show for it. Supposedly, our oven will be back up and running tomorrow, then it will be backed item time! I can not wait for an oven again.

3 comments:

Jes said...

Be careful about cutting down trees larger than sapplings! The city (and county) ordinance attaches fees to tree removal (at least for healthy trees). The food certainly looks great though!

earthsip said...

Hope you'll post your "famous popcorn" recipe, too. That tower looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Yum. The food you made sounds delicious. And I can understand the tree dilemma. It is tough, because having a garden would be awesome. Hope you have a lovely day.