In an mad attempt to effectively use the last of the seitan, I decided to throw together a sesame sauce and make a stir fry. After realizing that there was not as much remaining seitan as I had though, I threw on some edamame and a mango smoothie. Lets begin with the sesame sauce...
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons powdered broth (or 1 cup liquid broth)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 cup vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chile and garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
This came out really well. The sauce was outstanding. I was extremely happy with it. I am sad to see the seitan go, but I will be picking up more vital wheat glutten this week.
On another note, the new roommate is doing well. He likes to bite but we are trying to convince him it is not nice. We got him a scratching post, which he ate. We are real happy to have him in the family. He is a good guy.